Air Conditioner Spring Tune-up Time
Spring is here and it is time to have your Air Conditioner tuned up. We are running a special through the end of May for a full tune-up. Call today for scheduling and pricing.
Your Air Conditioner is an investment that you need and want to protect – no matter the age of the unit. AC tune-ups are extremely important for the following three main reasons.
1. Protecting and extending the life of your investment.
2. Minimizing utility costs. We all want to save money on our utility bill, right!?
3. Maximizing the cooling efficiency of the unit. While it may not be top of mind right now, when the temperatures rise, keeping the house cool and comfortable is certainly a priority.
Here is a list of what a full AC tune-up entails.
• Check and clean interior and exterior coils. This ensures maximum airflow for the highest efficiency and increased air quality in your home.
• Check refrigerant levels and charge if needed. (Up to six ounces of refrigerant is included in cost of the tune-up.) Low refrigerant levels can be a sign of a leak, cause your unit to work harder than needed, result in an increase in utility costs and shorten the life of your unit.
• Test and measure voltage and amp draw. Voltage and amp readings provide a strong indication of how your unit is running. If these readings are over the manufacture specs, it is a sign that the AC unit may need further repair and can cause increased utility costs.
Check your furance filter monthly
It is that time of year for an important reminder . . . don’t forget to change your furnace filter regularly. We’re half way through the heating season and if you haven’t changed your filter yet this season now is a good time to check this off your to do list.
While it is not glamorous – it is really important and here is why. Your filter does two things. First – it traps dust and dirt, keeping it from getting into the motor and other components of the furnace and also helping to extend the life of your furnace. Second – by trapping the dust and dirt it also keeps it out of your home. This is important over the winter months when we tend to keep the windows and doors of our homes closed. The dust and dirt that can come from a dirty filter is more noticeable in our homes when we aren’t able to open the windows and get the fresh air so many of us enjoy during the spring and summer months. So remember to check your filter every month, and depending on the type of filter in use in your home change it as recommended.
Don’t know what type of filter you need? Click here – this article is a great resource. If you need any assistance in changing your filter or have any questions let me know and I’d be happy to help.